[Fwd: Fwd: Getting older]

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sun Sep 17 20:53:36 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-09-17 at 17:10 +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Sunday 17 September 2006 16:46, oldman wrote:
> >
> > Anne:
> >
> > The source in the page refers to:
> >
> > <EMBED SRC="http://www.mcduffy-edwards.com/Anymore.mp3"
> >
> Yes and no.  That shows that it's related to Ric's other thread about Helix.
> If it can't open the file in Helix it just refuses.  Checking the x-mp3
> embedded tab in kcontrol > kde components > file associations shows that it
> is associated with "Embedded Media Player (kaboodle_component)".  Attempting
> to add mplayer or totem fails, as you can only select from a list, where I
> can see no suitable mp3 player.  Grrr.....  There must be *some* way to get
> rid of this helix problem?

By throwing it with both hands out the nearest window. I rm -rf 'd all
of helix and totem that I could find, Netscape will not come up and ask
for a replacement application. That makes me ill. Someone has disabled
firefox functionality in favor of the schema of a suite of core audio
applications for no good reason that I can see, since they are not as
stable as mplayer is. Someone at Nee.com has some explaining to do, so
that we may do as we see fit for our own machine's health and usability,
and tell us how to fix it.

There is a Ghost in the Machine file deciding for us, which I didn't
like about Winders. That is not "The Right Thing" and Stallman would be
livid. Don't make me invite him! Don't make me do it!

I'm sure it's a grand experiment for shrubbery to try to come up with a
Grand Unified Theory of Desktop Management. But, it fails miserably and
locks me and others, as we see here, out as well. See if I don't call
Stallman. He'll fix you, Nee! You and your little dog shrubbery.

<chuckles> <LOL>
<chuckles> <LOL>

Guess again. Ric

...the Sin of Ignorance, and