TV out ( SOLVED )

redhatdude at bellsouth.net redhatdude at bellsouth.net
Sun Sep 17 23:44:13 UTC 2006

On Sep 17, 2006, at 5:14 PM, Arnold Sutter wrote:
> Hello Ej,
>
> your thread in the fedora-list regarding enabling the TV output
> was helping me a lot. Now I can watch DVD's on our TV Set!
>
> . . if there weren't a minor problem: I don't get any output on
> the primary laptop screen. No errors in the /var/log/Xorg.0.log
> file, just no picture on the laptop screen. I can login though,
> but I have to fly blind.
>
> Question: do you have an idea how to switch Screen's, i.e. cycle
> through the laptop, external VGA port and TV output ports?
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thank's & best Regards,
>
> Arnold Sutter

Hey Arnold,
Never break a thread or email the person directly. Keep it all here
on the list so others can find the help they may need with the same
problem.
As to your problem, if you do aticonfig --help in the terminal,
you'll see all the options you can use with the driver.
I haven't tried other options so you'll have to experiment.
Try   aticonfig --initial=dual-head --screen-layout=left aticonfig --
force-monitor=crt1,tv
Like I said, experiment, tweak it, and let us know if it worked.
EJ