Logitech LX7 Cordless mouse sensitivity issue

Tod Merley todbot88 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 18:34:27 UTC 2006

On 9/18/06, Phil Meyer <pmeyer at themeyerfarm.com> wrote:
> A user is experiencing really bad sensitivity issues with a Logitech LX7
> cordless mouse.  Its all over the place.
>
> I have done some research into the matter, but it seems that others are
> using this mouse on Linux based systems without the sensitivity issues
> we are experiencing.  Most of the articles surrounding the use of this
> mouse on Linux pertain to activating buttons and scroll right/left
> functionality.
>
> Should I suspect a bad mouse, or bad research?
>
> stumped :(
>
> --

Hi Phil Meyer!

When I hear about "sensitivity" issues when Radio Frequencies are
involved I think of such things as how far the mouse is from the back
of the computer where the USB receiver is plugged in (is the path
"line of site"?). is there another wireless appliance very nearby?
Microwave nearby (sometimes they "leak").  All kinds of things can
affect the RF path to the device.  If the device looses connection the
process of "re-syncing" may not go well.

I note that it is optical.  Sometimes the surface being used by the
mouse will mix it up (but I have not seen this one recently).

Then there is how it is considered by your system.  Check out:

http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Advanced_Mouse

Good Hunting!

Tod