[Fwd: Fwd: Getting older]

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 21:47:26 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-09-18 at 09:29 +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Sunday 17 September 2006 22:08, Ric Moore wrote:
> > On Sun, 2006-09-17 at 21:24 +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > > Eventually realised that it's called HelixPlayer, and yes, it can be
> > > removed - Ric, are you listening?
> >
> > HelixPlayer... that was intuitive. I don't guess it could have just been
> > named helix... oh Hell naww, it's too #%^$& important to be all lower
> > case with a simple name. I did rpm -q --whatprovides helix and nothing
> > came up. There ought to be a law.
> >
> That's what fooled me at first.
>
> > > It does, but the embedded tab didn't allow me to do anything helpful.  I
> > > still don't know why the problem occurred.  HelixPlayer was not listed to
> > > be used at all, but it seems to grab things.
> >
> > Thanx, Sis. You're on to it. It seems to grab things when I don't want
> > it to grab things. That's my beef.
>
> And mine.  I want to be able to control what does what.
> >
> > You must have missed the errata... when I originally copied and pasted I
> > only got the text, not the link. My bad. We cleared it up in the posts
> > that followed, which you may have deleted on the fly.
> >
> > <smiles, but showing no teeth and avoiding direct eye contact>
> >
> If you mean http://www.goodolddogs.com/older.html that's what I was
> attempting.
>
> I'm going off to follow Matthew's lead to livna's mplayer plugin.

I got it!!
http://membres.lycos.fr/sethnakht/FAQ%20MediaPlayerConnectivity.html
Fetch mplayer first and install it and all of the codecs
http://www.stanton-finley.net/fedora_core_5_installation_notes.html#MPlayer
has ALL of the instructions you need.

Then goto the lycos site, grab the extension and install it.
It will take a gleep or two when you first use it to override whatever
demon lies inside that wants you to use totem or Helix (persistent
bastards) it took about two tries, on an mp3 on the net, then the MPC
took over and I have no more problems!! I set everything audio to
mplayer...XMMS just looks at you. Change the XMMX settings to mplayer.

It is ALL good. It even has a system scan that looks for linux apps, not
just Winders apps. This thing is a peach!!

I blew off almost an entire weekend on this and I am not happy. I had
other things to do and I've fought this battle before and Won.

Tilting at Windmills, ever other month, is getting very very old...

...the Sin of Ignorance, and
...the Sin of Stupidity.

Linux user# 44256
Sign up at: http://counter.li.org/