Logfile worries

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Sep 19 08:37:05 UTC 2006

On Monday 18 September 2006 23:36, Mike Klinke wrote:

> Perhaps this link will help ( should be all on one line ):
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/linux.samba/browse_thread/thread/1412bbb5e26
>18d04/13c311febc926dfe?lnk=st&q=create_builtin_administrators%3A+Failed+to+c
>reate+Administrators&rnum=1&hl=en#13c311febc926dfe

Thanks, Mike.  It does look to be relevant, and would explain why I've never
seen it before, as I presume a recent samba update has introduced it.
However, I don't understand much of what it says on that page, and certainly
don't understand what I can do about it.

This is not a Windows Domain, just a peer-to-peer samba network with the
windows boxes running networking over tcp.  The user that was attempting to
log in as a samba user is a user on that box, but not in any sense an
administrator of it.  I don't understand why it was trying to create an
Administrator account at all.

Anne