FC4

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Wed Sep 20 19:24:38 UTC 2006

Paul Howarth wrote:
> Alastair McKinley wrote:

>>> symbol:

>>> far as
>>> fact I

>>> before I

>>> regressed to
>>> When I

>>> matches

>>> what
>>> If it
>>> really
>>> python.

>>> principles.

>>> So which python is first in your PATH?
>>>
>>> $ which python

>>> Was the commercial app that you believe to be the culprit installed
>>> using RPM?
>>>
>>> Paul.
>>>
>>> --
>>

>> Hi Paul,
>>
>> [alastair at d6173 alastair]# which python
>> /usr/bin/python
>> [alastair at d6173 alastair]#
>>
>> The App I believe to be the culprit was installed with a shell script.  I
>> didnt look at it closely and now its disappeared!
>

> Earlier in the thread it appeared that root was getting python 2.4.3 and
> your regular user account was getting python 2.4.1. So what's the output
> of "which python" when run from your regular account?
>
> Paul.

What do you get when you
  echo $PATH
from a terminal window?

If there is a "python" path listed, then you have to find where that is
being added.  Check your local configuration files.  I do this with
   grep PATH ~/.*
which only returns .bash_profile.

The commercial application may work after changing the PATH if it hasn't
written over your newer python some how.

--
Robin Laing