FC5: no sound from SoundBlaster Audigy SE sound card

Gilbert Sebenste sebenste at weather3.admin.niu.edu
Wed Sep 20 20:50:45 UTC 2006

Hello all,

OK. I just installed a new SB Audigy SE sound card with 7.1 Dolby on my
PC. I have used the Soundblaster Live! 5.1 card with no problems on FC5.
But with this newer card, FC5 detects it fine upon reboot...but I get no
sound from it after plugging it in with a radio as an input, or even
testing the audi (strangely, it tells me I have 4 options of the same
thing when I use system-config-soundcard). I am trying to capture
and stream a weather radio station, and I'm doing it successfully with
an SB Live card, but not with this one. Is there a quirk I don't know about?