FC5: no sound from SoundBlaster Audigy SE sound card

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed Sep 20 22:37:53 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 20 September 2006 16:50, Gilbert Sebenste wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>OK. I just installed a new SB Audigy SE sound card with 7.1 Dolby on my
>PC.

Its a ca-106 based card, and considered to be the same junk as the average
winmoden.  Take it back and get a real audigy 2 or 4, without the SE
label.  The model SB-400 version of the Audigy 2 uses the std emu10k1
driver and works great, including playing midi stuff.  I have one, but I
think they are out of the box houses pipelines now.  Darnit.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)