yum losing it´s flavour?

anthony baldwin anthonybaldwin at optonline.net
Sat Sep 23 06:33:03 UTC 2006

 I have to say...within the past week I have attempted several fresh
installs of FC5,
and everytime I run a yum update on anything, something breaks.
What the heck is going on?

I ha installed FC5 on the 80gb drive I had that just bought the farm in,
hmmmm, July.
I had updated everything, and the system was all happy and smiley until
the hdd went last week.
But now, suddenlym I can´t install and update FC5 without breaking stuff...
I DLing Kubuntu right now...
My work and my business  (document translation) depend on my computer,
and this crap is costing
me time, sleep, and money.

I´ve been using RH or FC since RH7.1, and I´ve never had so much trouble
just getting a system up and running.

I don´t know...I still have some FC3 discs here, but I don´t want to go
backwards.
I don´t want to install FC5 and not be able to update stuff, even.  I
like everything up to date.
I´m getting headaches with all of this...
Sounds like more of a rant than a support request or anything valid, hein?
I have been all gushy and lovey about FC and RH for years...Suddenly, I
don´t know.
I mean, I´m not doing anything different than I have for the past
several years...but I´m not
getting the same happy results I´m used to getting.

tony