yum losing it´s flavour?

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Sun Sep 24 18:17:09 UTC 2006

On Sunday September 24 2006 1:57 pm, Anne Wilson wrote:
> I don't use the proprietary drivers, but I did once have them installed, a
> couple of years ago.  IIRC they have to be compiled against the running
> kernel, so updating your kernel means re-compiling the nvidia drivers.  I'm
> sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

I use the proprietary drivers from Livna on most of my machines. The release
of updated modules lags by a few hours to days, the release of a new kernel.
The good news is that of late, you don't have to manually locate the new
modules and install them - when they get released yum picks them up in the
regular update process.
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA