Fedora vs. Ubuntu (hijacked: can I dual boot FC and Kubuntu?) (using Master Slave configuration?)

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Sun Sep 24 18:28:48 UTC 2006

On Sunday September 24 2006 2:15 pm, Anne Wilson wrote:
> Non-CS cables?  Are they the 40-wire ones, or is there another type I
> haven't come across?

I've assumed that 80-wire cables that didn't have two connectors labelled
Master and Slave (sometimes alternate labelling is used but the meaning is
clear) were non-CS. In the previous thread on this subject some months back,
someone asserted that all 80-wire cables which, if I remember correctly, were
color-coded a certain way, were CS - I could be remembering that assertion
incorrectly. I had no direct knowledge of that, and couldn't find
corroboration in a brief search, so I continued with my practice as
described.

We've really strayed from the subject at this point...so I've modified it in
case there is further commentary
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA