Using Master/Slave Configuration? [was: Fedora vs. Ubuntu (hijacked: can I dual boot FC and Kubuntu?)]

Peter Gordon peter at thecodergeek.com
Sun Sep 24 20:17:05 UTC 2006

Claude Jones wrote:
> [..] In the previous thread on this subject some months back,
> someone asserted that all 80-wire cables which, if I remember correctly, were
> color-coded a certain way, were CS

Right. As I understand it, all 80-wire cables will have color-coding to identify
which of the connectors on the cable are for which function [1]. For example,
mine all have a black motherboard connector, a gray slave connector, and a black
primary connector.

[1] Though I don't know if the specific colors are mandated by the standard, it
*does* mandate that 80-wire have color-codings to easily identify their connectors.
--
Peter Gordon (codergeek42)
  DD68 A414 56BD 6368 D957 9666 4268 CB7A FFC1 9479