Fedora vs. Ubuntu (hijacked: can I dual boot FC and Kubuntu?)

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Sep 25 05:19:17 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-09-25 at 15:04 +1200, Hadders wrote:
> Rule of thumb used to be, "pin 1 to power side". works 90% of the
> time. Pin 1 is usually denoted on the cable by a red stripe.
> So basically Pin 1 was/is usually closet to the power (molex)
> connector.

Only for the connector on the drive.  There's no real rule of thumb for
the connector on the motherboard.

For what it's worth, that rule doesn't work with floppies.  I've even
seen them use the socket upside down.  i.e. If you tried to insert a
keyed connector, they've wired it wrong, and it won't work.  I've got
one of those bastards in a box around here.

I read messages from the public lists.