Stopping linux/KDE from automounting usb drives

Jonathan Ryshpan jonrysh at pacbell.net
Mon Sep 25 17:39:24 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-06-25 at 05:29 -0700, Dan Smith wrote:

> Is there any way to stop fedora/kde from mounting USB drives as soon
> as they are plugged in?
>
> I know I can stop the behavior for a single drive, but I would like to
> stop it for anything that is plugged into the system.

And I want to prevent a particular device, namely /dev/sda1 from being
automounted, but leave everything else alone.  How can you do this.

More generally, I assume there is a control table for USB automounting
under KDE/Linux -- do you know where it is?  In general, any
documentation about USB automounting, etc.

Many Thanks - jon