chroot to oldlinux to run legacy app, with X

Jack Byers byersj at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 25 19:09:48 UTC 2006

Jack Byers     byersj at hotmail.com

Copying the .Xauthority file saves you the need to open access to your X
server. (xhost +localhost)
Other then that, you just chroot into the 32bit Linux and execute the
command.

Gilboa

---
thanks  ,
I will try this to see that i still get X working this way, on my present 32
bit systems

1)Your reply didnt discuss my other  command
>[root at bootp byers]# mount --bind /tmp /corni/tmp

which I find necessary to have X working on the chroot.

2)at the risk of repeating my original question:
  I had heard that doing this chroot  to another linux  would run into some
trouble
if going from 64 bit to 32 bit, or vice versa.

Do you know if this is true or not?
Have you actually done it without problems?

Jack