how to access remote CUPS printer?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Sep 26 04:19:46 UTC 2006

Couldn't tell who said:
>> What if I don't want a printer to be seen by some/all clients?

Aaron Konstam:
> This is a good question aand I need to research a good answer. Right
> now all my documentation is boxed up so from memory I am not aware
> that you can do this since in cups printers are not shared
> individually but collectively.

Not sure about a printer being not "seen" by certain clients, but you
can certainly restrict access like that.  There's deny/allow criteria
the same as Apache, which allow you to specify addresses.  There's also
the ability to require encryption and passwords, though I don't know how
well that's supported by clients.

I read messages from the public lists.