strange tone in recored sound

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Sep 26 23:34:48 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-09-26 at 19:42 +0200, Faust Nijhuis wrote:
> I have a problem with recording sound. It makes no difference  how it
> is recorded, mythtv or just a microphone.  When i  play the recorded
> sound it sounds like a bad radio from 40 years ago. And there is
> irritating tone in it.

That could be your hardware, some sound hardware is awful.  But you
haven't told us what you have (including the motherboard model might be
worthwhile, as well), nor provided a sound sample.

Does it play other-recorded sounds fine?

--
(Currently running FC4, in case that's important to the thread)

I read messages from the public lists.