strange tone in recored sound

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Wed Sep 27 21:45:22 UTC 2006

Tim wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-09-26 at 19:42 +0200, Faust Nijhuis wrote:
>
>>I have a problem with recording sound. It makes no difference  how it
>>is recorded, mythtv or just a microphone.  When i  play the recorded
>>sound it sounds like a bad radio from 40 years ago. And there is
>>irritating tone in it.
>

> That could be your hardware, some sound hardware is awful.  But you
> haven't told us what you have (including the motherboard model might be
> worthwhile, as well), nor provided a sound sample.
>
> Does it play other-recorded sounds fine?

Placement of a sound card can also create headaches.  If it is an sound
card, move it away from the video card or any other card if you can.
Other card could be creating electronic noise that is being picked up by
your sound card.  Also check for the routing of the cables going into
the sound card.

--
Robin Laing