After Update My FC5 get BLANK SCREEN.

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sat Sep 30 01:27:11 UTC 2006

Ivan Evstegneev wrote:
> I don't know how can I check this... cause my FC5 don't even boots
> up... so if you want to explain me how to do it... it would be much
> helpful
Try pressing any key when your computer is booting up to show the kernel
line in grub. Highlight the kernel that you want to boot with. Press the
a key to get into append mode where you can backspace out the rhgb entry
and maybe the quiet option to show more details at boot time. After you
remove the rhgb quiet from the kernel line, press the a key again to
continue booting up your computer.
The most likely problem is the program red hat graphical boot is locking
up during your boot. If not the problem, you should be able to see where
the computer is stopping and relay the text portion of the problem that
you see when the computer stops responding.
If you recently installed a new kernel, you might want to just try
booting in the last kernel version by showing the menu as above. Then
you arrow down to your alternate kernel selection to see if the older
kernel boots up alright for you.

Jim

--
Good advice is something a man gives when he is too old to set a bad
example.