What is the language "British"?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Sep 1 11:18:07 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-09-01 at 18:15 +0900, Ian Astley wrote:
> I have done enough mucking about with altering set-ups and am
> wondering if there is any sort-of painless way of introducing my
> etymological neurosis into the resident spell-checkers on Unix
> systems?

You might have to do what I used to do with dictionaries not of my
locale:  Spell check a document that I know is perfectly typed, and add
every word the spell checker complains about to the local dictionary.
That gets most of the problems out of the way in the first go.

I read messages from the public lists.