Re: nic + detecting the presence of a carrier

Gregory Machin wrote:
Hi.
I need to write a script the can restart services based on where a cable is plugged into a nic or not ..
How do I get the status of the carrier on the nic ...

--
Gregory Machin
gregory machin gmail com <mailto:gregory machin gmail com>

Isn't this part of network manager tools?

I have just started playing with this and there were some things I read about starting and stopping services based on network availability.

Someone with more experience?
--
Robin Laing