Re: [Fedora] something I don't understand

Pardon my assumption, but this one may be a little tricky for someone who's native tongue may not be English.

Here's the command you need:

mount -o remount,rw /

- Mike

Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:
Fran├žois Patte wrote:
I was root, the fstab file has write permission for root, but it was
impossible to modify this file....

WHY?
Because the filesystem is mounted read-only when you log in for maintenance. You have to remount it 'rw' to be able to make changes to it. Read 'mount's man page for the option to remount a partition.