Re: What is the language "British"?

David Fletcher wrote:

>> > Basically, I have a "uk" keyboard,
>> > but would like euros in place of pounds.
>
> On my keyboard, I have:-
>
> Shift-3 gives me a pound symbol
> Shift-4 gives me a dollar symbol
> AltGr-4 gives me a euro symbol
>
> Any help?

Thanks, I'll try that.

But I wasn't really talking about producing a euro symbol
on the screen or on paper -
I was really just discussing how to answer this question
early in the FC-5 installation (long before the "British" question)
where you are asked what keyboard you are using.
If you answer "UK" it tells you how it is going to print pounds and pence.
If you answer "Irish" it tells you how it is going to print euros and cents.
That's fine, but then there is some confusion
as it seems to suggest that you must want to write or read irish (gaelic).

I think basically, that two issues - keyboard and localisation -
are considered together, and this causes confusion.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366