Re: evince and wading through treacle (ie slow)

On Sat, 2006-02-09 at 14:31 +0100, Ian Malone wrote:
> Does anyone else find that Evince is incredibly slow for pdf?
> It's taking minutes to display a single page, especially in
> longer documents.  But I can load the same thing in kpdf
> and arbitrarily jump around with no problems; seconds to load
> even complex pages.

Yeah, it's slow (I'm running Evince on a FC4 machine).  But, I like
Evince's thumbnail feature, so keep it around to generate the PDF
thumbnails which come in handy when browsing with Nautilus.  I then make
sure to open the PDFs with acroread.

Regards,

Ranbir

--