nic + detecting the presence of a carrier

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Sep 2 15:37:47 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-08-31 at 21:34 -0400, Jack Gates wrote:
> I understand the reason for bottom posting, what I don't understand
> is, why do all the mail clients start at the top when starting at the
> bottom would make sense?

They don't all do that, and regardless of where you write, it's better
to remove anything from the prior message that really doesn't need to be
in the reply.  So don't just type where the cursor is, tidy up the
quotes before you type.  Where the cursor appears rarely bothers me,
since I nearly always have to rip out great slabs of stuff, or make the
lousy layout legible, from the message I'm replying to.

I read messages from the public lists.