Re: How to manage modules loaded on boot

Walter Souto writes:

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how modules get loaded on boot by the system,
but got no clues. I just don't want to load sound modules (and some
others) cause I don't need it for now.

Where do I look? There's some docs about the process of load modules
at boot that can help me?

No docs that I know of.

If you want to disable one specific module, add a file to /etc/modprobe.d that reads:

install $MODULENAME /bin/true