Re: skipping xmms package updates?

Ferindo Middleton wrote:
I've uninstalled xmms from my system and went to www.xmms.org <http://www.xmms.org> to reinstall the package using the rpm provided at the site so I can play mp3 files. How do I stop this package from being updated and overwritten during nightly yum updates so that I don't end up automatically going back to a fedora channel distribution that can't play mp3 files?

Ferindo
--
just ferindo
When you do the yum update, do 'yum --exclude=*xmms* update', and anything having to do with xmms will be left alone.