Re: Re: how to obtain single-line scroll with wheel mouse? (FC5)

Have you tried changing this:
        Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"

To:
      Option      "Protocol" "Auto"

Or:
      Option      "Protocol" "usb"

Or possibly:
      Option      "Protocol" "ExplorerPS/2"

You'll have to restart X for the change to take effect.

Most of my mouse problems have been solved by adding the correct mouse
protocol.  Occaisonally, I have to adjust the Z-axis parameter if the
scroll deosn't work at all.

I'm not an authority on this - just sharing some past experiences.

Optical mice are cheap these days, you might consider a new one?

HTH,
Chris