gnome-alsamixer for fc5/x86_64 ??? (help)

William W. Austin waustin at speakeasy.net
Mon Sep 4 00:57:43 UTC 2006

I recently added an x86_64 (AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor
4600+) system and in setting it up, I now have most things working
pretty much as I wanted.  I'm setting this system up for someone to
take off to college and I have (almost) made it just under the wire on
time.

However, I have not been able to find a gnome-alsamixer for this box
and attempting to build it from the fc3 src.rpm fails (this is the last
version from the fc3 freshrpms directory).

A web search has not proved very successful - has anyone got gnome-
alsamixer working on an fc/x86_64 box?  A pointer to a src.rpm (or
x86_64 rpm) would be very useful. Yes, I looked in the archives, but I
didn't find it... sorry.  I would go into the code and fix the problem
causing the build to fail, but I have only about 2 days left until I
have to send this system off to school with my son and I have too many
other things left to do in that time.

Thanks in advance

william w. austin                               waustin at speakeasy.net
"life is just another phase i'm going through. this time, anyway ..."