can't boot single user in FC5

I’ve just upgraded a lab of machines to FC5 from FC2.

In FC2 I could just add ‘single’ to the boot options at the grub prompt, but when I try this in FC5 it just boots up as normal.

Am I missing something?

I read that you might use these additions to the boot prompt: S, s, 1, single, e.

None of them work.

Thanks in advance,

Ross

Ross Macintyre
School of Mathematical and Computer Sciences, Heriot-Watt University

Tel: 0131 451 3417
R A Macintyre hw ac uk (raz macs hw ac uk)

Paintings at http://www.macs.hw.ac.uk/~raz/paintings/