Re: Searching through the fedora-list archives

On 9/4/06, Timothy Murphy <tim birdsnest maths tcd ie> wrote:
Is there a simple way of searching through the archives
for a particular topic?
(In my case, it was "/dev/dsp".)

I tried to use google groups,
but it did not seem to recognize the gmane "newsgroups".
I seem to recall that one can use google
to search a mailing-list archive,
but if that is so I don't remember how.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366

browser.  On the resulting page was a link to the archives, I clicked
it (you could do a right click and then "copy link") and copied the
link.  Then I went to www.google.com and chose "Advanced Search" at
the right of the search key window.  In the resultant page under "Find
Results" I found the line "Domain", left "Only" selected and pasted
the URL I had copied into the provided window.  In "with all of the
words" above I placed "Timothy Murphy" and got 2220 hits (you are a
busy guy!).

Have Fun!

Tod