Re: Got bad sector on HDD in XFS partition, any utility to mark it bad/recover it like seatools does?

Yes, run the badblocks command.

If there is no important data on it, do this:

799] What is the best way to verify a hard drive has no bad blocks?
/usr/bin/time badblocks -b 512 -s -v -w /dev/hdg

Justin.

Sorry I must have mentioned that I did badblocks also, I got the
sector/block number also which was bad. Now how do I get that bad
sector/block marked as bad in the file system also so that the OS does
not try to allocate it for data in the future.

Vijay