folder icons missing

Hi,

While configuring a Konqueror file management profile, I seem to have wiped out all my folder icons. They show up using nautilus. The .directory files are missing. They should contain:

[Desktop Entry]
Icon=folder_flat

I need a script to replace the missing .directory desktop configure files.
How come Konqueror in the root account displays the folder icon correctly with these files missing? One other thing I have noticed. When logging out of the root account with all applications closed, just as the screen blanks, a konqueror window full of folder icons briefly flashes on screen.
Anyone know why, and how to fix this?
Any help will be appreciated.

-ron-