Re: booting with no video adapter

On 9/6/06, T. Horsnell <tsh mrc-lmb cam ac uk> wrote:
>On Wed, 2006-09-06 at 18:23 +0100, T. Horsnell wrote:
>> How can I get an FC5 system to boot without a video adapter?
>> At the moment, I cant even figure out how to tell grub that
>> it has no VGA, let alone Linux. Any ideas anyone?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Terry
>>

>Why does it matter? I usually setup headless machines using a serial
>null cable: (AKA Serial console)
>All you need to do is configure grub [1] (and BIOS?), add serial console

But this is what I cant figure out how to do. How to configure
grub so that it doesnt try to use video?

Terry.

You seem to have missed the supplised links.

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Remote-Serial-Console-HOWTO/configure-boot-loader-grub.html
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Remote-Serial-Console-HOWTO/configure-kernel-grub.html
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Remote-Serial-Console-HOWTO/getty-agetty.html

Gilboa