Debian seems to have forked cdrtools

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Sep 7 00:13:46 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 06 September 2006 12:20, Nigel Henry wrote:
>On Wednesday 06 September 2006 17:24, Gene Heskett wrote:

>> >System -> Preferences -> Keyboard -> Layout Options -> Compose Key
>> >Position.  Choose the key you want, or note the current selection.
>> >Close dialog.  Type <key>-" (<key>-shift-', a dead key if it works)
>> >and then type "o".  In general, the dead key to use is punctuation
>> >that "looks like" the desired accent mark.
>>
>> Mmm, with my now ancient kde, the choices are us and international, so
>> I just set it to international, so Jorg is still Jorg, anything else
>> opens up a requestor menu as kde is intercepting them.
>
>Hi Gene. Try Alt-Gr+Shift+Colon.  This is with the US intl on KDE, FC2.
> It's a dead key, so you'll need to add the vowel you want to add the
> umlaut to.

That doesn't seem to want to work here, Nigel.  It takes a second keystroke
after the first o which has no response, but the second o, while still
holding the left alt+left-shift+:, spits out a single uppercase O.  And in
kmails composer, that keystroke combo opens the 'options' menu in the
composer.

I miss my old amiga, it had a valid character for almost any keyboard combo
you could think of.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)