Cause of disappearing mount points in FC5

Hi,

what could be the cause of disappearing mounted drives? I have a
"vfat" & "ntfs" drive mounted in my FC5 box but sometime after
booting, the mount point disappears suddenly without any trace. I am
suspecting the hardware problem but when I boot from windows these
drive is working fine. Have anyone came across similar problem? any
advice?

Thanks!