Re: FC5 - ssh freezes

On Thu, 2006-09-07 at 07:03 -0500, Jay Cliburn wrote:
> Michelle Gates wrote:
> > Well, so far I can 'ls' as much as I want now!! Let's hope that this
> > resolves the problem and I can issue more than 2 commands before needing
> > start a new SSH session. :-)
>
> The real problem isn't in the Fedora machine; it's in a middlebox at
> your colo, or perhaps in the box you're using as the ssh client.
> _Something_ isn't properly handling TCP window scaling (which was
> introduced in its fullness in the 2.6.17 kernel).

So what you are saying is that the problem will still exist even if the
TCP window scaling is disabled?

I find the problem happens usually when doing something like 'yum
check-update'. It produces output such as

  primary.xml.gz         100% |=========================| 374 kB   00:01

and then freezes.

John.

John Horne, University of Plymouth, UK  Tel: +44 (0)1752 233914
E-mail: John Horne plymouth ac uk       Fax: +44 (0)1752 233839