Re: Cause of disappearing mount points in FC5

Deepak Shrestha wrote:
Hi,

what could be the cause of disappearing mounted drives? I have a
"vfat" & "ntfs" drive mounted in my FC5 box but sometime after
booting, the mount point disappears suddenly without any trace. I am
suspecting the hardware problem but when I boot from windows these
drive is working fine. Have anyone came across similar problem? any
advice?

Thanks!

Further information,

I mounted the drive manually as root and it mounted without any complain.
I guess the drive is mounting successfully after it suddenly disappers
means somthing is causing it to unmount automatically. What could
cause that?
Any suggestions please?

Have you looked in /var/log/messages? Any disk problems that cause the disk to be unmounted will be logged here.

Regards,

John