Re: BLOODY NUT (+)

On Thu, Sep 07, 2006 at 14:27:02 +0600,
  SERGIE <sgau2006 yandex ru> wrote:
> Sorry.
> Has anyone have a properly configured /etc/ups/* and /etc/sysconfig/ups files?
Yes. I am actually running a development version of NUT now since the driver
for my UPS had some problems in the 2.0 series.

> I spent 24 hours figuring out the proper config. Does not start.

One gotcha I ran into is if you install nut after you plugged in a usb
ups, then you aren't going to have proper access to the device. You need
to either reboot or unplug and plug back in the ups so that the udev rules
installed with nut trigger.

> I only want to monitor a local UPS. Everything I got on it written is "UPS
> IPPON", "Power supply 500".
>
> What do I start from? How to detect the UPS type? What files are not needed
> for network configuring?

It looks like you probably want to use the ippon driver.