Re: BASH question

On 07Sep2006 19:17, Khoa Ton <khoa puresynergy com> wrote:
| >| I find dc (man dc) very useful for floating point arithmetic.
| >I hate to tell you this, but dc does fixed point arithmetic, not
| >floating point.
| Thank you for the correction, Cameron.  I will use bc instead
| of dc for floating point calculations from now on!

1: What's wrong with fixed point? For your purposes, I mean?
2: bc certainly used to be a wrapper for dc, so it was fixed point too!

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson <cs zip com au> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

We might have been the hundred-millionth or so paying customers at
one of the local screenings of "Jurassic Park."  After all the hoopla,
the kid dismissed it as "Not bad for a dinosaur movie."  And, as if
to add insult to injury, she was right.
        - jtchew netcom com (Joe Chew)