printer alignment?

Tim Waugh twaugh at redhat.com
Fri Sep 8 08:20:45 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-09-07 at 18:32 -0400, Tom Horsley wrote:

> My question is this: The alignmargins perl script
> modifies the .ppd file - is that a low enough level
> place to put the settings that all printouts
> will get the margin adjustments?

If you have set up the queue using the CUPS web interface at
http://localhost:631/ then that should be fine I think.

If you used system-config-printer, or the queue was set up automatically
for you, then unfortunately the PPD will get overwritten at some stage
(next CUPS update, or system-config-printer update, etc).  This
deficiency is something that FC6 will fix.

Tim.
*/