Re: BASH question

Cameron Simpson wrote:
On 07Sep2006 19:17, Khoa Ton <khoa puresynergy com> wrote:
| >| I find dc (man dc) very useful for floating point arithmetic.
| >I hate to tell you this, but dc does fixed point arithmetic, not
| >floating point.
| Thank you for the correction, Cameron.  I will use bc instead
| of dc for floating point calculations from now on!

1: What's wrong with fixed point? For your purposes, I mean?
2: bc certainly used to be a wrapper for dc, so it was fixed point too!

Cheers,

Oh, what I meant was "If I ever needed floating point, I will use bc
instead of dc".  I wasn't actual in need of any point calculations just
now.

I didn't realize that bc was ever a wrapper for dc.  Thanks for this
information.  If I ever needed proper floating point calculations in the
shell, I'll be extra careful as to the commands to perform them.

Best regards,
Khoa