Sendmail 8.13.8...has anyone made their own RPMS for FC5?

Gilbert Sebenste sebenste at weather3.admin.niu.edu
Fri Sep 8 14:38:49 UTC 2006

On Fri, 8 Sep 2006, Paul Howarth wrote:

> Gilbert Sebenste wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> The subject says it all. I'm not hopeful we're going to see a 8.13.8
>> backport for FC5, so I am wondering if anyone went through the trouble of
>> making their own Sendmail 8.13.8 RPMS for FC5?
>
> http://www.city-fan.org/ftp/contrib/mail/
>
> There you will also find recent dovecot and sendmail packages for RHL9,
> FC1-FC6, plus RHEL3-4.

Hi Paul,

Thanks so much for doing that! To others: the reason for me wanting the
new Sendmail so badly is that it fixes the DOS attack potential (I don't
care what anyone says, FrSirt, NVD and CVE say it's a DOS), and that is
reason enough to want that package (or at least the DOS fix backported).

I agree as much time should be spent on FC6, but I don't see how that a
DOS isn't a DOS. Just my opinion, and if I am wrong, correct me, please.
Thanks!