Watching CNN video [FC5]???

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Fri Sep 8 15:38:15 UTC 2006

On Friday 08 September 2006 15:26, Deepak Shrestha wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have firefox 1.5.0.6, mplayer, mplayer codecs and mplayerplug-in
> installed but still can't watch video from CNN. Do I need other
> plugins?
>
> Thanks

Hi Deepak. I have the mplayerlplugin in Firefox on FC2. Going to the CNN site,
it says it needs Windows media player 9. When I click on a video a new window
opens, and has a smaller window embedded in it which says Mplayer plugin. I'm
on dialup, so don't expect to receive the live video stream, but it says
connecting, starts the buffer, and I get some bits of sound, so something is
working.

What do YOU see when you try to watch a video on CNN?

Do you see the link in /usr/lib/firefox/plugins named
"mplayerplug-in-wmp.so" ?

Nigel.