Re: linux BIOS

On Fri, Sep 08, 2006 at 08:49:43 +0100,
  Andy Green <andy warmcat com> wrote:

> Better solution for fast boot, try hibernate.  On current development
> kernels, Hibernate is working on this laptop for the first time and it
> is a very nice improvement.

There are other reasons one might want to use Linuxbios. There can be trust
issues about just what the bios does. I would feel safer having one with
open code rather that I can rebuild if I want to. Eventually there will be
issues with NICs not being trustworthy, but we have a few years before they
are smart enough to be a threat.

For myself, linuxbios compatibility will be a requirement for future
motherboards that I purchase.