Re: Non root users account logins terminating within 10 seconds

Phil Meyer wrote:
Aaron Gray wrote:
Hi,

Just logged in to be told my account had terminated within 10 seconds. Root is okay but new accounts terminate.

Oh. Logging in from remote over SSH they are fine.

The only things that I have done recently is to change the SELinux permissions to Permissive from disabled and back again. Oh and install ies4Linux in root but that should not effect anything.

Oh. and failsafe mode logs into the account okay.

Aaron

using failsafe mode, type metacity

Just sits there and does nothing !
and watch for errors -- probably permissions

you may want to fix home directories

# chown -R user:group /home/user

The try logging in again.

Surely metacity's not the standard window manager ?

Aaron