stupid dependencies

I was updating one FC5 workstation we have, conected with a wireless AP. I was really shocked when I say that bind was about to be updated.

First I thought that it may not be the named server, but some libs necesary for name resolution, so I tried to remove it.

OOOOHHHHHHH!!!!!

evolution, NetworkManager, NetworkManager-glib, etc. will be removed.

Why in earth would any of these packages depende on bind?

--
 21:50:04 up 2 days,  9:07,  0 users,  load average: 0.92, 0.37, 0.18