Cinelerra under FC5[Scanned]

Chris Bradford chrisbradford at cambridge-news.co.uk
Sat Sep 9 17:36:51 UTC 2006

Hi guys,

I have some issues with cinerella I'm hoping you can help me with...

I have captured my DV video suing kino in Quicktime format, however
Cinelerra cannot see the video stream, it reports that the files are
just audio, despite the fact I can play them under mplayer. On an
example file qtinfo displays:

Type: Quicktime
  1 audio tracks.
    2 channels, 16 bits, sample rate 48000, length 526080 samples,
compressor twos.
    Sample format: 16 bit signed.
    Channel setup: Not available
    supported.
  1 video tracks.
    720x576, depth 24
    rate 25.000000 [600:24] constant
    length 274 frames
    compressor dvcp.
    Native colormodel:  YUV 4:2:0 planar
    Interlace mode:     Bottom field first
    Chroma placement: PAL DV
    supported.

Software versions installed, all installed via yum:

libquicktime-devel-0.9.10-1.fc5
libquicktime-0.9.10-1.fc5
kino-0.9.1-1.fc5
cinelerra-2.0-0.7.20060512.fc5