Re: Watching CNN video [FC5]???

Christopher A. Williams wrote:
I had the same problem going as well, and it was specifically with the
latest Livna and Sourceforge RPMs to boot. I later found that versions
of mplayerplug-in after version 3.25 fail with the exact behavior
mentioned (at least the ones I tried).

Eventually, I rolled back to Tomas Chung's verion -
mplayerplug-in-3.25-1.fc5 - that is referred to by Stanley Finton's
site. This one seems to work reliably.

I assume from this that there is a bug in the newer versions that CNN
can't handle (other sites are apparently OK) that is most likely in the
upstream Sourceforge code.

I always put "noembed=1" in my mplayerplug-in.conf file so the video plays in a separate window. I just tried mplayerplug-in version 3.31 compiled from source and it worked.

But, when I commented out "noembed=1" to have it play in the same window it did not work. Go figure.

--Kenny