Re: QEMU no cdrom ?

Kenny Gow wrote:
Jack Gates wrote:
On Saturday 09 September 2006 21:04, Peter Gordon wrote:
Jack Gates wrote:
The quest is started and there is an icon for
a cdrom but there does not seem to be any connection to either of
my physical cdrom drives.
You need to specify which device to use for the virtual CD-ROM
using the "-cdrom" option. It can be a device node (such as
/dev/cdroms/cdrom0 or /dev/hda or similar) or a path to an ISO file
(such as ~/ISOs/FC5-x86-installer.iso or similar).

E.g.:

$ qemu -hda guest.img -cdrom /dev/dvd
$ qemy -hda guest.img -cdrom ~/ISOs/FC5-x86-DVD.iso -boot d

...etc.  Hope that helps!

I tried that with
qemu -hda c.img -cdrom /dev/cdrom0 -m 512 -soundhw all -localtime -usb -usbdevice tablet

-cdrom /dev/cdrom1
-cdrom /dev/cdrom
-cdrom /dev/hdc
-cdrom /media/cdrom
-cdrom /media/cdrom0
-cdrom /media/cdrom1
-cdrom /media/hdc

all I got each time was
qemu: could not open hard disk image '/dev/cdrom0'

It works for me if I use -cdrom /dev/cdrom
when /dev/cdrom is a symbolic link pointing to my
actual cdrom device, /dev/hdc

Can you access them? do 'ls -hl /dev/hdc' (or whatever it is). Maybe the permissions don't let you read the device itself.