Re: HP accessible from WindowsXP [SOLVED] -- Still solved but ...

Thanks Kam Leo;

On Sat, 2006-09-09 at 21:11 -0800, Kam Leo wrote:

> Turn off cups-config-deamon service and see if that helps.

Yes, turning off cups-config-deamon service fixed the naming problem.  I
am OK with that; I don't add printers often.  But wouldn't that be a bug
in the cups-config-deamon service; I can see many larger situtations
where printers are being added and removed all the time and where very
distinctive identifying printer names would be needed? A FC5 bugzilla
search didn't show anything similar.

--
Regards Bill